- Membership fees are for a full year and pro-rated fees start after January
- Workshops and studio days are for members only. No guests are permitted.
- Parking is on a first-come basis. (Please put a paper with your name & WAS in your windscreen if you are blocking anyone)
- Everyone is responsible to clean up their own working space. (See Cleaning-Up Procedures).
- Studio hours are: 9:30am – 1:30pm Everyone must leave by 1:30.
- A quiet working atmosphere is to be maintained.
- Please do not bring any nuts into the kitchen.
Setting-up and Cleaning Procedures
Cleaning acrylic brushes and palettes:
- Wipe off your painting palettes with paper towels. Do not wash them in the sink.
- Rinse brushes in your water container and wipe them before washing them in
- Pour the water from your container through a sieve provided next to the sink (to prevent paint particles from going down the drain.) The sieve must be emptied in the garbage after each session.
- Finish by wiping the sink.
Tables, Chairs and Working Areas:
- Members must set up their own working tables
- Cover your table with a tablecloth provided by the W.A.S. (These are kept in a bag with the coffee supplies.)
- At the end of the session, please fold the tablecloth and return it to the bag.
- Be vigilant that no paint remains on the table or the floor!
- The last to leave must turn off the lights.
Coffee and Snacks:
- Rinse your coffee cup and place it in the rack beside the sink
- The coffee and snack area will be cleared at 12:30 by the hospitality committee
Annual Exhibition Rules
- Unframed thin-sided canvases are accepted for the annual exhibition as long as sides are neat.
- All works must be ready to hang with wire across the back.
- A dyptique is considered two paintings no matter the size due to extra time for hanging.
- Painting should be no more than 3 years old and not previously shown at W.A.S.
- Each member may submit the following:
- Two (2) paintings maximum size 17 ½ “ x 21 ½” (including frame).
- One (1) painting maximum 37 ½ “ x 41 1/2” (including frame).