1 c quinoa
2 c chicken stock
2 star anise (optional)
1 tb butter
3 green onion stalks
1 red pepper
½ c cucumber
½ c dried cranberries
½ c pecans
½ c basil
1/3 c lemon juice
¼ c olive oil
Salt + pepper
- In a pan melt butter and sauté quinoa for 1 minute.
- Pour in stock, add star anise
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover
For gently cook for 20 mins.
- Cool for 1 hour in refrigerator
- Cut green onions, red pepper and cucumber into small
- Cut cranberries and nuts into smaller pieces (op)
- Chop up basil
- When quinoa is cooled, mix all ingredients (except basil), into large bowl.
- Pour olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper,
- Refrigerate again. Add basil when ready to serve.